William N. Spellacy, MD | Professor, University of South Florida
Dr. William N. Spellacy is a Professor at the University of South Florida, a renowned institute of higher education lauded for its high-impact, global research environment. An expert in high-risk pregnancy, maternal-fetal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, Dr. Spellacy shines as a luminary in his field, bringing forth his talents and passion for his work to the university, where he skillfully teaches others and helps them to accomplish their academic and professional goals.
Dr. Spellacy has garnered a reputation of distinction for his outstanding efforts, including the following awards and honors:
- Outstanding Resident Teaching Award (2001)
- Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics Excellence in Teaching Award (1998)
- The Best Doctors in America - Woodward/White Inc. Listing (1998)
- Good Housekeeping List “Best Doctors for Women” (1997)
- Resident Outstanding Teacher in Obstetrics Award (1997)
- Outstanding Residency Teaching Award (1996)
- CREOG National Faculty Award for Excellence in Resident Education (1995)
- Outstanding Resident Teaching Award, USF (1994)
- Distinguished Research Professor, University of South Florida (1994)
- The Best Doctors in America, S. Naifeh, G. W. Smith, L. Potterfied, Woodword/White Publishers (1992-93)
- Ad Eundem Fellow, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, London (1992)
- Good Housekeeping List “120 Best Doctors in America” (1984)
- Prize Paper, Central Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (1983)
- Purdue-Frederick Research Award, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (1975)
- Josiah Macy, Jr. Foundation Faculty Fellowship in Obstetrics (1966-1969)
- Certificate of Merit, Central Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (1964)
- Cecil Watson Award for Research, University of Minnesota (1963)
Over the course of a successful career, Dr. Spellacy has come to attribute his success to good training, opportunities and loving what he does.
If you are interested in learning more about Dr. William N. Spellacy, please contact him.